VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Greetings

997 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  plainsman 
#1 ·
New member and new TDI owner. Purchased a used 2012 JSW in platinum Gray with a stick. I am amazed at the personality of this vehicle. It's pretty quick, handles well gets amazing mileage, has that awesome sunroof and is not painful on the eyes. I purchased it because I am close to retirement age and I want to have a vehicle that is fun, can carry a bunch of stuff and gets great mileage. All this while having the longevity to last into my dotage.

Less than a month after purchase we loaded it up with seating for 2 and a roof-top carrier and headed for retirement central, FL. I cheated and took the auto-train because my wife is not a good traveler. Even with the resistance of the clamshell on the roof, I got a bit over 40mpg. Color me very happy.

My only complaint is the A/C. During daylight hours, when it's 90+ and the compressor is on, it gets the car cool but never COLD (and that's at interstate speed for hours). The only time it gets really cool-to-cold is at night or if there's no sun. If it's hot and sunny it's only barely cool and that's on MAX (with recirc). It seems like the compressor doesn't kick in until it feels like it and then it takes frequent breaks. I read that there was a dealer applied flash that might address this but have not done it yet.

As of now, that's my only real complaint and the good far outweighs this. I hope the love affair continues.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Nebraska!

Your car is almost a twin to mine. I just purchased a 2012 JSW TDI, also in Platinum Gray. Mine is DSG though. Loving mine also!

#3 ·
It is a hoot to drive on the twisties in NW Jersey. There is a lot of torque in 1-4 and incredible mileage in 5 & 6. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of stuff we fed into the back and the car just kept taking more. And getting 40mpg in 95° heat at 70mph+.

#4 ·
Yes I agree! I was really surprised at the torque, it is a super fun car to drive. I'm amazed that we can can that much fun, and get that great of mileage!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.