Greatest new member ever.

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by dutchviking, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dutchviking

dutchviking New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2002
    Greatest new member ever! Or maybe not.

I own a 2002 Jetta TDI. I have done all the work on it since I bought it used in 2006 and discoverd that dealer service was a horrible thing (missing bolts, parts gone, etc. I'm serious! Parts... actually... missing....). I may not always know Exactly what I am doing, but at least my car ends up back in one piece and I only have myself to blame if its broken. I have discovered also that forums like this one are full of suprisingly heplful and willing people. Soooo I thought it was only fair that I join in and contribute my 1/2 cent. If not actual knowledge I can at least share experience.
    I own the Ross Tech Vag-Com unit so I have always been able to do diagnostics. I suffer from a perpetual case of "Cylinder 1 Glow Plug intermittent short to ground". My car currently is stuck in perpetual limp mode but started with periodic limp mode. I initially discoverd this when I bought the car and they replaced my turbo free!!! Then after several years the car suddenly developed the periodic limp mode. I turned the car off and back on and voila! I even did this whilst driving on the highway. I because quite good at it actually. Now however, I am in forever limp mode and I have only myself to blame <insert sad face here>. Therefore I have come to this forum and decided to use the wonderful advice of the many smarter-than-me people who reside here.

Look forward to getting to know you! (oh, and to fixing my car!)

Cheers,
    Rick
    :panic:
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
  3. NJ2dc

NJ2dc Member

Oh..that sounds like fun, the 'ol ignition switch flick. I'll bet that when you discovered that you have to turn it all the way off before the starter will kick in there was a bit of panic! Good luck with the limp mode. It's not the glow plugs, I know that much :)
  4. dutchviking

dutchviking New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2002
    Oh.. fun is a good word. If you mean crap - forgot steerings gonna get dicy, crap - forgot to push clutch in, cause I was distracted because the steering got dicy, crap - I need to wait for glow plugs to finish, crap - this sucks. I suppose if thats fun, then yes... I had fun. But I learned quick!

Are you sure its not the glow plugs? It sounds like it should work. You know, activate glow plus to get turbo boost. That sort of thing. :ugh
  5. dutchviking

dutchviking New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2002