Greater Toronto Area, Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by patrickivan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. patrickivan

patrickivan New Member

Car:
    Golf Wagon TDI, 2010
    Hi

Just got my 2010 Golf Wagon TDI from a local VW dealership. It's my first diesel vehicle (though I used to drive tractor trailers, it's not quite the same), but my second VW. My first was my grandfather's 1978 Rabbit that I drove around 1990.

My model is the comfortline. I really like it. It's got the white MFD, but to my understanding so far, it's not the complete one. It's basic, with the odometer, trip, maintenance schedule...

The one thing I really can't stand is the (though great sounding) basic stereo. Just a simple one with a CD player. Six pre-programmable buttons- 3 on either side of the simple display.

And really, I don't care so much, but I really want blue tooth for my cell.

So I guess I'll keep rolling through the forums looking for aftermarket stereo installation tips. I see that it's not as simple as buying a wiring harness adapter like my last car, and just plugging in and go.

Other that that, I'm enjoying it.

login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    What other steps are required to install it other than an adapter? If you mean the multifunction display, you have a basic one, so that doesn't make any difference.