golf preservation

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by christophe, Jan 17, 2011.

1. christophe

christophe New Member

Car:
    vw golf mk4 GTTDI pd
    hey , i have a golf mk4 gt tdi (130)pd (2002) which i purchased about a Year ago. At the time it had a fvwsh and 82,000 miles on the clock but has now just reached 120,000 miles, everything seems to be fine and ok, and id very much like to keep it that way. I havent had the vehicle serviced by a dealership since owning it and have instead performed services on it myself when the service indicator comes on. Are there any suggested areas of the vehicle which i should pay some attention to now that it has reached this mileage, and considering that i do an awful lot of miles.
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Look behind the plastic front wheel well liners. There will be dirt behind there which can hold moisture - wash it out. The top of the front fenders inside the wheel well also have foam for sound dampening. However, it can also hold moisture and rust the top of the fender. Check out the FAQ section for more on this problem.

Also check out the mk4 TDI buying guide, there are a number of tips in there. Make sure you do all maintenance in the owner's manual as well.
    welcometomyturbodies