golf gt tdi 110 98s reg

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by mick2811, Nov 19, 2011.

1. mick2811

mick2811 New Member

Car:
    golf gttdi 1998 s reg
    Hi there can anyone help me please my golf has no power at all like the Turbo isn't kicking in at all there's no smoke at all I've checked the maf its brand new however when I checked it the lead you plug into the maf only has four pins five holes but the maf unit has five pins so don't know if this is right. I tryed the n75 valve swapped it round with the egr valve same part number but still the same. And when the engine is ticking over it sounds fine but when you rev it its really loud but its not the exhaust and I checked that the injectors were not loose can anyone help me please there is no management light on either although I don't know if anyone has disconnected the bulb cause when I unplugged the maf the management light did not come on and when I unplugged the maf it made no difference thank you in advance.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Sounds like you need a bit of vagcom to run some tests, the extra hole on the plug is just for some cars but not all, I think it's something to do with a heater thing or that. Anyway try this faq, it's for the ALH engine, yours will be the ASV probably anyway and it's pretty much the same for testing.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/low-power-fix-TDI.htm

welcometomyturbodies
  3. mick2811

mick2811 New Member

Car:
    golf gttdi 1998 s reg
    thanx for your input cheers