Glow Plugs

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by foxden, Apr 11, 2012.

1. foxden

foxden New Member

Car:
    2001/2003 Jetta TDI
    My 2003 Jetta Wagon with 107,000 miles has a code P0671 #1 glow plug. Doing some reading on here I find it could be the plug or the harness. I'm going to OHM the plugs and also check the harness. If the plug is bad, what should I be careful of when replacing. I plan on replacing all the plugs.
    Thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. stubb's

stubb's New Member

Car:
    mk4 golf tdi
    Yes, replace all the plugs. Just be careful they can strip out easily. If the code still comes up replace the harness. That was my problem. I made my own harness to save some money. Worked great. It's been over a year with no more code. :D

Eric
  3. shuswap

shuswap Member

Car:
    2005 Golf TDI auto
    Also, if you switch the plugs to a different hole then you can determine if it's the plug or the harness. IE....did the code change to a different cylinder.

Be very careful with the plug extraction....they are alum, as is the head. I worked mine back and forth to free them up.

Put a little non-seize on the threads before installing the new plugs and remember that they are torqued to a VERY low value....sorry I don't have the number handy, but a search should provide an answer for you.