1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Glow Plugs

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by foxden, Apr 11, 2012.

1. foxden

foxden New Member

Car:
    2001/2003 Jetta TDI
    My 2003 Jetta Wagon with 107,000 miles has a code P0671 #1 glow plug. Doing some reading on here I find it could be the plug or the harness. I'm going to OHM the plugs and also check the harness. If the plug is bad, what should I be careful of when replacing. I plan on replacing all the plugs.
    Thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. stubb's

stubb's New Member

Car:
    mk4 golf tdi
    Yes, replace all the plugs. Just be careful they can strip out easily. If the code still comes up replace the harness. That was my problem. I made my own harness to save some money. Worked great. It's been over a year with no more code. :D

Eric
  3. shuswap

shuswap Member

Car:
    2005 Golf TDI auto
    Also, if you switch the plugs to a different hole then you can determine if it's the plug or the harness. IE....did the code change to a different cylinder.

Be very careful with the plug extraction....they are alum, as is the head. I worked mine back and forth to free them up.

Put a little non-seize on the threads before installing the new plugs and remember that they are torqued to a VERY low value....sorry I don't have the number handy, but a search should provide an answer for you.