Glow plug and check engine light 2009 TDI

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by gordon59, Dec 15, 2010.

1. gordon59

gordon59 New Member

Car:
    jetta tdi 2009
    Car started normally this morning with outside temp near freezing. As soon as the engine started the glow plug warning light started to flash. The car had very poor acceleration.

I drove seven miles to work hoping everything would be ok once the engine started to warm up. No such luck!

After letting the car sit for two hours, I started the car and got the same flashing glow plug light, poor acceleration, and a check engine light. I drove carefully to the VW dealer.

The dealer had the car all day before tracing the problem to a "fuel pump micro relay loose at relay panel."

The relay was corrected and car runs great.
    login to remove this ad
  2. gordon59

gordon59 New Member

Car:
    jetta tdi 2009
    Car started normally this morning with outside temp near freezing. As soon as the engine started the glow plug warning light started to flash. The car had very poor acceleration.

I drove seven miles to work hoping everything would be ok once the engine started to warm up. No such luck!

After letting the car sit for two hours, I started the car and got the same flashing glow plug light, poor acceleration, and a check engine light. I drove carefully to the VW dealer.

The dealer had the car all day before tracing the problem to a "fuel pump micro relay loose at relay panel."

The relay was corrected and car runs great.
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Posts merged, thanks for the update, you'd be surprised who this could help since the lurkers may read it and fix their problem.