1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Gas & Brake pedal to close together?

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by fatcig86, Jun 25, 2012.

1. fatcig86

fatcig86 New Member

Car:
    TDI JETTAWAGEN/2012
    I have plenty of leg room for my left leg but the only way I can extend my right leg between the gas & brake pedal is to drive barefoot? Not acceptable, "BTW" I have a 2012 TDI Wagon automatic, any suggestions? other than that issue i really like the car.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Cogen Man

Cogen Man Member

Car:
    Golf TDI/2011
    Mods:
    Window tint, window vent visors, ScanGauge II.
    How wide is your foot and right leg ? Normally one would have their right foot on either the diesel go pedal or the brake pedal. Not both at the same time. You must be talking about a time when you are stationary and just sitting in the drivers seat chilling. I'd just move the seat all the way back.
  3. fatcig86

fatcig86 New Member

Car:
    TDI JETTAWAGEN/2012
    You are correct, The problem with moving the seat further back is you compromise ideal steering wheel handling my arms are extened to a point where it's not safe or comfortable. and yes I have the steering wheel pulled back . I plan on going to an Auto fabricator to work on brake pedal position. Thanks for the reply.
  4. fatcig86

fatcig86 New Member

Car:
    TDI JETTAWAGEN/2012
    Problem solved ! Auto fabricator came through!! I can now put the vehicle in cruise control and extend my right leg and just chill. I now have more leg room than I would in one of those gas guzzling SUVS' , been there done that.