fuel filter replacement

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by redsalsa, Jan 16, 2012.

1. redsalsa

redsalsa New Member

Car:
    2010 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
    it is recommended on the 2010 jetta TDI to run both pumps 3 times for 1 minute. how long are you supposed to wait between run intrevals
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The service manual doesn't say. FYI, I personally think filling the fuel filter is the most important step in the process so make sure to do that or else pump priming isn't as effective.
  3. whiplash willy

whiplash willy New Member

Car:
    2011 TDI Jetta DSG
    So you have to fill the housing with clean diesel, and prime as well? I thought u didn't need to fill the filter housing if you primed.

If you do have to fill the housing, what are you guys using to store and dispense the clean diesel fuel from?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  4. ERE

ERE New Member

Car:
    VW Jetta Sport Wagon / 2012
    I keep a quart of fresh diesel in a squeeze bottle and I use that. Most of the time I use the bottle to make up small bottles of XPD fuel additive which I mix with about 50% clean fuel so that it pours more easily from the small chain saw lubricant bottles I store it in until I use it. I also keep two 5 gal cans of diesel because I have two diesel tractors. It wouldn't cost much to buy and fill a 1 gal gas can of diesel fuel which is probably a better solution if you don't need diesel for anything else.