Free oil changes for life???

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by amstel78, Jan 15, 2012.

1. amstel78

amstel78 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    When I was shopping around for my new Golf TDI, I came across a dealer in NJ that advertised the following:

While the other stuff is nice, it's not as enticing as the free oil change deal because I drive 50,000+ miles per year. However, talking to the dealer I eventually bought my car from, he said the stipulations on such a program are very rigid. Something along the lines of being able to only change your oil during a certain mileage window. For example, if your first oil change is at 10k miles, you must have it done before 10,200 miles on the odometer, or the program gets nullified. He may be right, or he may have been blowing smoke up my butt to seal the deal with him.

Anyway, if my dealer is correct, that would make sense to me as I have no idea how a dealership could afford to give free oil changes for life without losing money on someone like me who drives a ton every year. I couldn't find any info on this dealer's program, but I'm sure there's fine print somewhere...

Any one here have experiences with a similar program and care to share their thoughts?? I could provide the name of the dealership in NJ via PM if anyone's interested.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Free 24 hour test drives.

Well they don't charge for test drives but is that dealer open 24 hours or does that mean you can road test it for 24 hours? ;)
  3. amstel78

amstel78 Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    From what I've heard, you could take the car home with you for 24 hours. Not positive though as I didn't bother going to the dealer in question.
  4. HermTDI

HermTDI New Member

Car:
    2002 Golf GLS TDI
    Mods:
    PP520 nozzles, Malone Stage 3 tune, 11MM inj pump,
    I've seen this ploy befor. This is a "dealership" that is not far from failing and going bankrupt.