Found some cosmetic defects ...

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by AganVW, Jun 11, 2012.

1. AganVW

AganVW New Member

Car:
    '78 VW Rabbit, '91 VW Golf Country, '02 VW Jetta TDI
    I had an opportunity to do a thorough cleaning on my new Passat this weekend. I'm only about 1800 miles into ownership and this is what I've seen so far. I'm being flexible being that this a a first year new model VW, but on a $35k car ...

Driver lower outer seat bolster as it was on delivery (8 miles):

[​IMG]

Runs and debris I found in the paint while cleaning under the hood. Makes me wonder if there had been damage prior to delivery. I called the dealer and they have yet to get back to me. If it was damaged, it wasn't disclosed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fender dash panel beginning to separate in the center:

[​IMG]
    login to remove this ad
  2. dezel

dezel Member

Car:
    02 jetta tdi leather gls
    Mods:
    Kerma chip & Bosio 520 nozzles
    The problem that I have with the seats is the side cushion wears down,either your thigh lays on it or it gets mashed down when you enter the vehicle. Of course my car is much older,I can feel a metal bar or frame with my thigh. I dont see how one could avoid it being a wear area. If the seat were wider with a rounded edge maybe. But otherwise I like the height adjustment and leg room.
  3. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    I'm less picky about minor issues in general, but agree they are worth noting to the dealer. For instance, if the Fender dash separates over time -- especially outside of warranty -- you'll have a better chance for it to be a covered repair.