Fault code 01282

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by tomka580, May 9, 2017.

1. tomka580

tomka580 New Member

Car:
    VW GOLF MK4 1998
    Hey guys, so today I scanned for fault codes after I changed engine oil ( I will tell later why I scanned for fault codes [​IMG] ) , so I got this code :

01282 - Intake Manifold Flap change-over Valve (N239)
    31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

Okay so why I scanned...When I was changing engine oil and when I had to change oil filter I have used quite big wrench cause I didn't had special wrench for oil filters...Okay so accidentally with that wrench I touched the cars battery plus(+) , so there was little bit spark... So when I finally done everything I started up car and after some time I scanned for fault codes and found this code :

01282 - Intake Manifold Flap change-over Valve (N239)
    31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

I tried to clear it but after some time of driving I scanned again and found it again.So my first guess that maybe it can be faulty fuse.But my question is what kind of fuse it is? I mean how it calls and where to find it cause I don't know how it calls, can anyone could help me ?

2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I would not think it's a faulty fuse. The intake flap could be faulty just enough to throw a code but still work since the code is intermittent. In other words, it works but there's a bad wire somewhere.

It's possible the fault is internal but without a spare valve you can't test this. So easy way is to inspect the wires going to / from the valve and see if you can find a break or crack in the wiring.

3. tomka580

tomka580 New Member

Car:
    VW GOLF MK4 1998
    I think I fixed it, my vacuum hose from N239 was quite bad , I replaced and now it seems to not throw code and intake flap working good. but I also cleaned my N239 contact with special cleaner so now I don't know which thing fixed the problem :D

chittychittybangbang likes this.
  4. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    why you never do 2 things at same time... :p wanna be professional rc racers screw up all the time on suspension settings now not knowing what ya did to make it handle better or worse... but if the line was that crappy... that will do it.. those electrical connectors are pretty water tight

5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Any error code that shows short circuit to ground/earth you always check the fuses. Even an open circuit can be a blown fuse.