1. Wiki article summarizing VW TDI emissions cheating so far, click here. Anyone logged in can edit it by clicking the "edit" button on the upper right of the page. It's a reference so please post any comments or questions in the forum. It's a work in progress so feel free to update it!

F1 the killer years.

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by mr rooney, May 10, 2011.

1. mr rooney

mr rooney Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Seat Ibiza tdi 130 sport 2003
    UK Llandudno
    205 bhp /380ftlbs
    Just watched this (4 parts) and found it a bit of an eye opener into how dangerous motor sport was a few years ago. If you have some spare time watch it.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Bug-N-U

Bug-N-U New Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Beetle TDI/2001
    That was some cool stuff. We learn from others mistakes. I remember when I was 7 in 1971 I watched a driver get killed because his left "A" pillar part of the roll bar broke loose and pointed at his head during a roll at at the local dirt track races. Ever sense I was interested in roll bars and the first time I ever seen a gusset in the 1980s tying 2 bars together I knew what that was for. Today I build roll cages as a hobbie in mine and wifes rock crawling buggies and I pay special attention to gussets, which my wife seems to use her roll cage alot by the way.