1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

F1 the killer years.

Discussion in 'The off ramp' started by mr rooney, May 10, 2011.

1. mr rooney

mr rooney Member

Car:
    Seat Ibiza tdi 130 sport 2003
    Mods:
    205 bhp /380ftlbs
    Just watched this (4 parts) and found it a bit of an eye opener into how dangerous motor sport was a few years ago. If you have some spare time watch it.
    http://youtu.be/kHYmF9XadH8
    login to remove this ad
  2. Bug-N-U

Bug-N-U New Member

Car:
    Beetle TDI/2001
    That was some cool stuff. We learn from others mistakes. I remember when I was 7 in 1971 I watched a driver get killed because his left "A" pillar part of the roll bar broke loose and pointed at his head during a roll at at the local dirt track races. Ever sense I was interested in roll bars and the first time I ever seen a gusset in the 1980s tying 2 bars together I knew what that was for. Today I build roll cages as a hobbie in mine and wifes rock crawling buggies and I pay special attention to gussets, which my wife seems to use her roll cage alot by the way.