1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

DVD Navigation System

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Sporto55, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sporto55

Sporto55 New Member

I'm a bit confused about the "DVD" RNS 510 Nav that comes available as a $1,750 option on the TDI Golf.

(Invoice price is $1,546, according to Consumer Reports).

Does it actually play DVD movies? I'm certainly not going to watch movies while I drive, but it might be a nice option to have when I'm waiting to pick up a friend at the train, or the power goes out in my house.

:)
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Yes. However, it won't play them while you are moving. You have to buy a "video in motion" module if you want to watch movies while moving. Due to liability, it's an aftermarket part but it's plug-play.
  3. rookie

rookie New Member

4. mhuey

mhuey New Member

Car:
    Passat 2.0T/2006
    Hello, I am a brand new VW owner..just bought a used '06 Passat. I love the idea of the video in motion and have seen the videos on youtube....can anyone tell me the parts list, or any how-to instructions on how to make this work? I also read on a site about updating the firmware of my MFD2...can someone point me in the right direction to get the latest firmware version? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!
  5. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/vw-gps-software-update-flash-mfd2.htm

Your US spec MFD2 won't play DVD video, I believe you need the Euro spec.