DSG oil change 2009 golf 2.0 tdi

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by arcadiagolf, Apr 14, 2012.

1. arcadiagolf

arcadiagolf New Member

Car:
    VW Golf 2.0 tdi 2009 Mk 6 Engine:CBAB DSG:LQV
    For Australian right hand drive 2009 VW Mk VI golf 2.0 tdi. Engine code: CBAB, Transmission code: LQV

DSG oil change does NOT require removal of air filter/intake housing and battery tray

Have just changed dsg oil in the above vehicle.
    It is a lot easier than the Jetta dsg oil change described in the 1000q how to index and faq.
    Please read "DIY VW DSG fluid drain and change service"

Tools required:
    4 Jack stands to elevate the vehicle
    Torx screwdriver T25 and T30 to remove the under engine splash shield
    15/16 socket on a 1/2 inch ratchet to remove the DSG filter.
    14mm allen or hex bit with a 1/2" coupler on 1/2" breaker bar 300mm
    5/16 allen or hex bit with a 3/8" coupler to a 3/8" ratchet to remove standpipe (8mm allen is too wide)
    VAS 6262A fill tool
    Ross tech Hex-CAN-USB VCDS cable and Windows 7 starter netbook computer.

Consumables are all from VW
    VW DSG filter which includes O ring
    VW DSG oil - 5L but it comes in 1L bottles.
    DSG Drain plug washer - I always change washers, but the old washer looks in very good condition, as it is not crushable.

There were 2 differences in the method described in the 1000q how to index and faq:

I did not need to remove air filter housing and battery tray to remove the dsg filter. My 15/16 socket on a 1/2" ratchet was 63mm in height. I was able partially to see the dsg filter as it was partially hidden under the battery tray. I could attach the ratchet to loosen the filter, remove the filter housing, remove the filter and instal the new filter and housing, hand tighten, then tighten with same ratchet - all without contacting the battery tray.

5/16 allen or hex bit instead of 8mm allen/hex bit to remove standpipe. I found the 8mm allen/hex bit to be slightly too big.

I used the factory fill method with the VAS6262A from Samstagsales.com

The total dsg fluid drained with filter removed was 4.5 litres. The filter was black and the oil was a transparent light golden colour. Total km driven 71000km.

Apart from the above differences everything is as described in the 1000q how to index and faq.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    :thumbsupYes, the battery tray was mostly removed so you could see what I was doing. It's a tight fit though and other models may not have as much clearance.
  3. arcadiagolf

arcadiagolf New Member

Car:
    VW Golf 2.0 tdi 2009 Mk 6 Engine:CBAB DSG:LQV
    Yes, I agree.
    Though this presents an opportunity for owners of other models and iterations to check whether their vehicle allows DSG filter removal without battery tray and air intake housing removal.

In my case the ratchet was about 200 mm in length and there was enough space to rotate nearly 180 degrees.

I should add that I disconnected the sensor from the top of the air intake housing past the filter box to create a bit more room.

Regards
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012