Door entry lights - VW Golf 2012

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by Lleonhard, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Lleonhard

Lleonhard New Member

Car:
    Volkswagen Golf TDI 2012
    Hi

Im wondering - do I need to do anything specific to activate my door entry lights (the red ones at the bottom off all 4 doors) in order for them to work? I have a new 2012 Golf but I just noticed none of them ever comes on when opening the doors.

Im just wondering if I should activate it somewhere.

Help :)?

Thanks!

Regards Lasse
    login to remove this ad
  2. bobt2382

bobt2382 New Member

Car:
    2010 CW 4DR GOLF TDI 6MT
    I have a 2010 which came with only a plastic reflector. I had to retrofit lights housings, wire them, and use VCDS to get door entry lights.

Are you sure you have actual lights?

Bob
  3. bobt2382

bobt2382 New Member

Car:
    2010 CW 4DR GOLF TDI 6MT
  4. golfTDI1

golfTDI1 Member

Car:
    2010 VW Golf TDI 6M 4dr
    Mods:
    see signature
    As other posters have mentioned, what you see are reflectors. You certainly can add the door warning lights instead of the reflectors. I have done this. Its a really nice upgrade, but requires you to purchase the light housings (which come with the bulb), purchase two repair wires per light and one plastic connector per light. You then cut and splice to create a wire harness, and tap your wires into the door control module and install the housing in place of the reflector. Modify the code in VCDS and you're set. this is just an overview on whats involved, there are various DIYs with full instructions on a number of forums. Its really a pretty easy mod, but if you aren't comfortable with removing door panels or doing light electrical work in the car, then I'd think twice about it.
  5. Lleonhard

Lleonhard New Member

Car:
    Volkswagen Golf TDI 2012
    ohh actually you guys are right, it's just reflexes. I thought It was actually lights. Ohh no worries, not that I need them. THanks!
  6. ToeBall

ToeBall Member

Car:
    2010 VW JSW
    Mods:
    APR Intake, PDE Downpipe, Banks Exhaust, Malone St