diesel pump problem

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by konzept, Apr 13, 2011.

1. konzept

konzept New Member

Car:
    2004 VW golf TDI
    Hi i have problem to start up my car after timing belt change. I'm 100% shore I did every thing how i should do.
    1.main shaft
    2.top shaft
    3.diesel pump???????

I just this instruction:
    ''How to replace your VW Jetta TDI timing belt (also Golf TDI and New Beetle TDI, ALH engine 1998-2003) ''

The problem is my pump does't have any pin lock hole as shove on picture. I did try to aligned cut on brackets with the center of the square mark but no luck.

Please help me I have no idea how to set up this pump, my work mate he have same engine on skoda octavia ALH and his TDC on pump is 180 degrees turned in face of as shove on picture on instruction.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Are you sure it wasn't 180 degrees out before you started? Remember the cranckshaft does 2 turns to 1 for the camshaft and pump. If nothing else it might be a good idea to try and take a pic of the pump sprocket so that others can see what you're dealing with. Just use photobucket or something to upload them then copy the direct link accross.:)
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

I've just had a look on Autodata and it doesn't show the injection pump driven of the timing belt on engine codes BRU and BJB those are the only engine codes that cover Golf 1.9 TDI PD 2004-08.

Golf (03-08) 2,0D TDI PD 2003-08 Engine code: BKD, AZV is a twin cam and no belt driven pump

Golf/Golf Estate (98-06) 1,9D TDI 1997-05 Engine code: AHF, ASV as a belt driven pump

The timing pin should go in close to the 1 o'clock postion.

We need your engine code to be exact.
  5. konzept

konzept New Member

Car:
    2004 VW golf TDI
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
  6. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Your pump is way off. Did you adjust it after removing the pump? Check the camshaft and TDC marks. Do you see the rectangular notch? That should be up where one of the bolt holes is, not to the left. I have attached the pictures for anyone who doesn't want to sign into facebook and for archiving.

Here is the picture of the pump from the writeup for comparison.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. konzept

konzept New Member

Car:
    2004 VW golf TDI

I did move pump position after removing, my picture doesn't shove set up point.!! I check camshaft and TDC marks they are dead on. Yes I can see the notch.

On yours picture is rectangle on 1 o'clock, with small 6mm hole in the middle on my is't. that make me confuse. So I don't know where is actually set up point.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    It looks like you've found it now its the rectangular slot its the same on the Beetle ALH engine.