1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Damn, these might be enough for me to ditch diesel

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by ChrisHo, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Member

Car:
    TDI Beetle Convertible, 2013
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/...th-47-mpg-fusion-hybrid-100-mpg/#aol-comments

I love the mileage of my diesel but I am not much of a fan of current styling nor reliability of VW cars I never expected the gasoline boys to hit back so well. I can only imagine what hybrid and plug in hybrid diesels would return but I doubt even VW would do one; the only hybrid VW info I saw was gasoline paired.

The Detroit Auto show is out there...

GM has confirmed diesel power for both the Cruze and Cadillac ATS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/08/2013-cadillac-ats-debuts-in-detroit-diesel-engine-confirmed/
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    That Fusion looks like an Aston martin, I've been very impressed with Ford design lately. Have you driven a Ford lately ;)? I love what you do for me, Toyota! (what ever happened to those happy jumping Toyota owners...then again, the slogan have you driven a ford lately kind of admits their last lineup crap right?)I think the interior is a bit of a mess but exterior is a home run.

I rented a Caddy STS and was very disappointed by the interior. For a luxury car it had miles of hard plastic and the older GM feel - lots of ugly playskool feeling buttons and knobs and that green dot instrument cluster.

A RWD diesel ATS might be very interesting and hopefully it's a reliable engine and cheaper than a comparable Audi A4 TDI. Although a Passat TDI is close in price to a base Audi A4, to get a comparable level of goodies on the A4 you have to get prestige trim which skyrockets the price. If the ATS comes with all that equipment standard they might have a winner. And an AWD option would really be great.
  3. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Member

Car:
    TDI Beetle Convertible, 2013