Damn, these might be enough for me to ditch diesel

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by ChrisHo, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Member

Car:
    TDI Beetle Convertible, 2013
    http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/...th-47-mpg-fusion-hybrid-100-mpg/#aol-comments

I love the mileage of my diesel but I am not much of a fan of current styling nor reliability of VW cars I never expected the gasoline boys to hit back so well. I can only imagine what hybrid and plug in hybrid diesels would return but I doubt even VW would do one; the only hybrid VW info I saw was gasoline paired.

The Detroit Auto show is out there...

GM has confirmed diesel power for both the Cruze and Cadillac ATS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/08/2013-cadillac-ats-debuts-in-detroit-diesel-engine-confirmed/
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    That Fusion looks like an Aston martin, I've been very impressed with Ford design lately. Have you driven a Ford lately ;)? I love what you do for me, Toyota! (what ever happened to those happy jumping Toyota owners...then again, the slogan have you driven a ford lately kind of admits their last lineup crap right?)I think the interior is a bit of a mess but exterior is a home run.

I rented a Caddy STS and was very disappointed by the interior. For a luxury car it had miles of hard plastic and the older GM feel - lots of ugly playskool feeling buttons and knobs and that green dot instrument cluster.

A RWD diesel ATS might be very interesting and hopefully it's a reliable engine and cheaper than a comparable Audi A4 TDI. Although a Passat TDI is close in price to a base Audi A4, to get a comparable level of goodies on the A4 you have to get prestige trim which skyrockets the price. If the ATS comes with all that equipment standard they might have a winner. And an AWD option would really be great.
  3. ChrisHo

ChrisHo Member

Car:
    TDI Beetle Convertible, 2013