cruise control issue??

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by Mich, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Mich

Mich New Member

Car:
    1999.5 VW jetta TDI
    Hey why does my cruise control kick off every time I put my right to turn signal and get a little concerned. People tell it's the stalk and it needs to be replaced, but right now I'm out on a trip with my kids and I am 1000s of miles away from home. Can I still make it home. I am on the west coast of the US and I live on the east coast. Will I be ok to make it home or should I be worried and fix it now.

2. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    so you turn on rt turn signal and cruise turns off? not the left?? nascar tdi... LOL.. i myself... dont worry bout cruise/signaling to turn right at same time... imo the only time you get that issue is when driving interstate and pass someone getting back infront of the person your passing.. give it a tad more gap then slide back over.. if usng cruise in bumper tp bumper and playing change lanes.. to mt thats stupid and a accident will occure... not when id use cruise...

im also that guy who will argue with pork product for stopping me for not using a turn signal in a turn lane... its a turn lane.. every one turns same way.. why do they need to be used?? imo turn signals are to tell of your turning into a parking lot/street to warn those riding your ass your going to turn or the person crossing said street/lot that they better get outta the way before run over...

next.. cruise in steering wheel too or just in turn switch??

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Mich

Mich New Member

Car:
    1999.5 VW jetta TDI
    Cruise not in steering wheel. on signal switch and high beam switch. People say it is in the stalk and others say it might be the brake light switch or something like that . It was recalled.

4. crsmp5

crsmp5 Well-Known Member

Car:
    85 kubvan
    well not clock spring issue if not in steering wheel... id guess one of the 4 wires is broken at the flex area of the switch if its like the pre mk4... the switch has 4 seperate wires that run the back bone of the switch's lever and plug in under dash.. just not positive how a mk4 is done.. but if it is like pre mk4.. heat shrink tubing.. soldering iron.. time.. you can fix