Coolant loss

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by tryskriel, Aug 14, 2012.

1. tryskriel

tryskriel New Member

Car:
    2006 TDI
    I'm new to this forum
    I have a 2006 TDI Jetta and like one month ago, i start to fill my coolant tank, about 1 liter every 130 km. My oil is good, no sign of white moisture in my oil filler cap, car don't have any white smoke.

When i open up the collant tank, i can see some little bubble exiting the tank so i think it's an head gasket but after talking to some VW gurus here, they told me that they never saw any head gasket failure before on this model of engine so i would like to have more ideas please

Don't want to remove the head for nothing !!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Head gasket failure is unusual.

I would pressure test the coolant system and try to find the leak. It could be from the EGR cooler or some other leak.
  3. chacaocop

chacaocop Member

Car:
    Jetta/2000 (totalled by my son) Jetta/2006 (not letting my son drive this one)
    I am having the same exact issue. I did ask the dealer to pressure test it (no charge) and I saw the coolant dripping from the radiator itself.

Have the dealer do it for you. it is fast and accurate. Then replace whatever is broken.

I wil be posting a procedure on how to change the radiator in the next couple of weeks...

Good luck.