Convenience Closing

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by Splink, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Splink

Splink New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
    So has anyone with an Keyless been able to get the this "Convenience Closing" feature to work by holding the outside door handle? I can only get the sunroof to close. The manual clearly states you can accomplish this. I even contacted VW and they said ...ahh no the manual is wrong sorry! WTF?
    login to remove this ad
  2. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    I've read on one of these sites you hold driver side window button after you turn off the car and everything will close if set in the convience setting. And this works on mine. From the outdside I can only get the sunroof to vent and close depending on if I'm locking or unlocking.
  3. Splink

Splink New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
    Yeah the interior window switch works just fine, but holding my thumb on the outside handle with all the windows open does not. And that is to say just my thumb and not my fingers in the handle. Like I said before the manual describes it, but no go. And VW rebukes the manuals explict description.
  4. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    I wish I could get It to work on mine too. Trust me I followed the manual to the T with no luck. We aren't the only ones either.
  5. hammersmith46

hammersmith46 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat tdi sel
    my experience is the same--door handle only closes sunroof. other features of convenience closing--when u stop the car, w/ the driver door open, u can pull up the driver window control switch and it close all open windows and the sunroof. if u approach a locked car and open the door and press down the control, it will open all windows and the sunroof.
  6. EcoTony

EcoTony New Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
    For me, I can't get them to open. No problem closing from inside with the button and the door open. Also, no issue with closing with the door handle outside either. Put my thumb into the groove and wait. It starts to close them after about 6-7 seconds.
  7. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    Splink, VW is correct... The manual is wrong. We don't know if it's just a bug or impossibility with these new door controllers. Time will tell.
  8. builtospill

builtospill New Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI
    Just tried on my '12 TDI golf w/keyless, the only way to do convenience close is if I remove the outside manual keyhole cover and turn and hold the flip key in lock, 2nd time closes sunroof. In the owner manual, it says to hold the driver window switch in either up or down to roll up/close all windows and sunroof which doesn't work.