coming/leaving home lights 2011 JSW

Discussion in 'Ross Tech VCDS forum' started by jurtje, Sep 15, 2011.

1. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    Hi,

I have been looking around this forums for the exact way to activate coming/leaving home lights on my 2011 JSW. I am by no means an expert, but I managed to tell the dealer to change channel 6 so I could open/close my windows with the remote, excellent!
    So what exactly do I have to tell him to change to activate coming/leaving home lights? Is it possible even though the 2011 JSW TDI does not have auto lights?
    In none of the VCDS stickies it says exactly where to look, just mentions long coding. Anybody able to help me out?

Thanks a bunch.

JB
    login to remove this ad
  2. Dana @ Ross-Tech

Dana @ Ross-Tech New Member

Car:
    02 Gti, 10 Gti
    CH and LH lights are a combination of several coding options (bit selections) and adaptation values.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/inde...K/52)_Tweaks#Alarm.2C_Locking_and_Coming_Home

I'm assuming you don't have the "Auto" headlight switch or (RLS) rain light sensor or this would be factory enabled. So, the only option would be enabling manual CH with a pull of the high beam stalk.

Normally those Wiki instructions are for someone using VCDS and the coding/adaptation details are displayed when connected to the vehicle and based on the installed module. Do you have a scan from this car ... or is the dealer using VCDS by chance?
  3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  4. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    Hi Keith,

Sorry missed that, changed it to 2011 JSW.
    Like Dana said, there is no setting in the MFD menu since it is not an option on these jettas. That's why if I enable it in the MFD, I would have to pull the high beam stalk to make it work. That's fine by me really. I could also install the Euro auto light switch, which does not have a light and rain sensor obviously, and I'm wondering if that would change anything, specifically for Leaving home lights, would they work in that setup?
    Sadly my dealer uses the VW commissioned software to make changes, so it looks much different than VCDS. But like I said, by telling him which channel to change, he was able to enable comfort windows.

Thanks for your help so far guys.

JB
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Whether there are different settings in the European model than US because the screens shown in my link we don't have and some we have are not in there.
  6. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    On your golf you probably have Rain and Light sensors as well, us poor jetta suckers in the US do not have that option.
  7. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Yes we do thats VW's stupid way of giving different countries different options.

I could certainly do without rain and light sensors, if you don't know if its raining or dark enough to need the lights on then you shouldn't be driving?

Its just the same with the rear fog lamps you don't have them but Canada do?
  8. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    Exactly, we do not have those either, but maybe that has something to do with laws. The light sensor though is useful for the coming and leaving home function. I wish I had it, my street is pretty dark and it would help with getting into my house a lot.
  9. Dana @ Ross-Tech

Car:
    02 Gti, 10 Gti
    Yeah, the US cars get fancy PODS Airbag systems but small items like mirror down in reverse, interior monitoring and RLS are not available unless you would get a Tiguan SEL and even those aren't really fully "loaded". The Auto HL switch alone won't do it, believe me I attempted everything in the past, but I just picked up a RLS and the proper connectors so this will be installed shortly.

Normally I'd take your factory coding, tweak it and paste the end results to the forum. The VAS scan tool however is less than pleasant to work with in comparison to VCDS and you have to tweak bits independently. You cannot copy and paste a 30 Byte string (60 characters) into the "new coding" spot.

Do you know anyone with a Micro-CAN or HEX-USB+CAN in the local area?
  10. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    I'm trying to find out in the vwvortex forum if there's anybody wanting to help me out in the boroughs, none have responded so far. If anybody reading this has one and lives in NYC, let me know!
    You have to let me know how the light and rain sensor installation works out, I heard it was very difficult to install, but I am really interested.

Thanks Dana
  11. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
  12. jurtje

jurtje New Member

Car:
    2011 JSW
    Thanks, I have tried to contact two people in Queens, we'll see if that works out.
    So Dana, what exactly would be the advantage of only the Euro HL switch?
  13. Dana @ Ross-Tech

Car:
    02 Gti, 10 Gti
    I wired the RLS last weekend ... but it is only coded and sitting on the dash at this point in time. I gave my Auto switch to a Mk5 buddy some time ago so I have the old Euro switch installed (with parking light, no Auto), the wires swapped and "parking" is acting as "Auto" right now. As you can imagine, not quite DIY time and photos would be embarrassing at this point but I have CH and LH.

The wiring is pretty simple. Power, Ground and LIN communication. I got the RLS for $10.00 on closeout but I spent $45 ish in proper VW wires and connectors so no wiring was modified/spliced on the vehicle. I will mount it properly but this is a one year patch the will be removed when I get a new car (which is why I didn't hack wires).

This thread has a lot of info but I only read from #71 forward because I worked with him on the delay issues mentioned in #103:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ght-Sensor&p=72093356&viewfull=1#post72093356
    The only advantage of only the Euro HL is parking position IMO.