1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Cold start solenoid

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by mrvf, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mrvf

mrvf New Member

Car:
    98 Golf AHF
    First of all i apologize for my english.

Remebered to see my injector pump physical timing on my 98 AHF engine and i have a doubt.

In basic settings, under group000 i have the timing spot on blue line and moving around it (changing for spot dead on and within spec slightly retarded).

When i see group004(measure blocks):

rpm - 903 / specified start - 1.3ºBTDC / actual start - 1.3ºBTDC / cold start valve - 76.9%

Reading values on warm engine, coolant temp in 88º on vagcom. I read in few DIY that the cold start solenoide should be =<10% when ip timing its ok.

Do i have any problem?no errors on vagcom, didnt see any report on my car. just remeber to play with vagcom and see the values/DIY and see this

Regards
    Marco
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    login to remove this ad