1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

clutch master cylinder

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by ryansgt, May 20, 2012.

1. ryansgt

ryansgt New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta tdi
    hey guys, just wondering if there is some special way to get the clutch master cylinder out of the clutch pedal housing. It seems impossible, cant come through and the tabs seem rock solid. let me know if there is any way short of grinding those tabs completely off.
    2006 jetta mkv

Thanks in advance.
    login to remove this ad
  2. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Active Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    Ya, actually there is a specific procedure.

I looked on my Bentley's CD and the procedure is kinda complicated. It looks like one of those procedures were you need the manual right in front of you to get it right.

If you started grinding things, all you would do is FUBAR your car to were the new M/S wouldn't be secured and wouldn't work correctly.
  3. ryansgt

ryansgt New Member

Car:
    2006 jetta tdi
    yeah, looks like i didn't want to keep screwing with it. some jobs are better left to the people that get paid to do that sort of thing. looks like i will need a clutch kit anyways.