Cluster switch gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Ross Tech VCDS forum' started by raptaqua, Mar 11, 2012.

1. raptaqua

raptaqua New Member

Car:
    passat / 2006
    Hi
    i bought
    VW PASSAT - 3C CC
    PREMIUM LINE TACHO KOMBIINSTRUMENT
    3C8 920 880 L

http://www.carsystems.home.pl/tacho/...3C8920880J.jpg

for my 06 passat, the cluster was brand new and i fitted it nicely and everything works, only thing is that i forgot that i had an older Can-gateway and it needed to be upgraded to get the all the errors away.

I had 3C0 907 530 C can-gateway and i bought 3C0 907 530 Q

today i fitted it and checked the VAG-COM for errors and none so that worked, but....
    since the cluster was brand new, you need to switch Production mode from ON to OFF.

when i installed the cluster i couldnt do that, cause my gateway was too old, so i tought it would be okay if i install it later and then change it....but i guess i was wrong? the highbeam blue warning light in the cluster stops blinking and distance counter switches from "Pro" to "0" and stated to run normally.
    Everything works fine, except i loose trip and clock everytime i switch the car on.

so now when i try to change settings with VCDS i cant do anything with it... i cant change KM or language. I cant change the production mode cause it says cant access the channel or no such channel.

i heard yesterday from one guy that i cant do anything with the new cluster and i'd have to buy a new one :L is that true? cant i reset the cluster to factory defaults or something like that?is there anyway that i could re-reset the whole instrument to factory defaults and then remove the production mode?

so what to do now? how can i put in the right KM and change the language? thanks

also im having little trouble with my car after installing the cluster, when i turn of the engine and put the central locking on (like you normally would do if you leave the car alone)
    and then i measure the output amps from the battery, the meter says that the car is spending around 2 amsp !?! could that be caused by the new cluster?

and hi, im a new guy in this forum :)
    login to remove this ad
  2. raptaqua

raptaqua New Member

Car:
    passat / 2006
    new cluster production mode prob

hi,
    i switched from my old MFA to a premium MFA on my 2006 passat

after the change my clock + trip-meter resets on every start and i cant get the production mode OFF from the display and now i've drove over 100km with the production mode ON.

so my question is that does the production mode cause the clock+trip meter to reset on every start and how can i change the production mode OFF after i've drove over 100km? few guys told me that i cant do anything with it now after ive drove over 100km, is that true? or do i have to buy a new cluster? is there anyway that i could re-reset the whole instrument to factory defaults and then remove the production mode?
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I don't know but merging your post to the ross tech forum since that is probably the best place for it.