1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

chinese headlight fix

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by jimmygez1961, Jul 8, 2012.

1. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    ok from wire harness to headlight pin 4& 7 go to 10 , 5 to 5 & 7 , 6 to 6 , 8 to 11 , 10 to 9 . now run a wire to the other light tap into 4 & 7 from the wire harness .go in to vcds click on select click on 9 cent elect click on coding -7 now click on long coding now start from the left to right now on the right there is a box that says byte go to byte 14 click on box 3 byte 15 box 6 byte 17 box 2 byte 25 box 2 & 7 byte 27 box 2 now close that out witch will bring you to the screen that says do it click on that it will say code accept click on that and its done now this part may happen when you start your car u may get a bulb out just turn off and on your headlights or turn on and off your parking lights like i said it may happen it may not sometimes it happens to me sometimes it dont my friend still has to work on that part but he has a idea how to fix it
    login to remove this ad
  2. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
  3. ralphsvw

ralphsvw New Member

Car:
    VW Passat SE 2012
    I see the video but it's showing the bi xenon after market kit any update on the replacement headlights from Wplamps?
  4. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    they are not aftermarket they are the chinese oem headlight
  5. AganVW

AganVW New Member

Car:
    '78 VW Rabbit, '91 VW Golf Country, '02 VW Jetta TDI
    Crappy iPhone pics, but mine:

[​IMG]

I built these (with the help of others wiring research):

[​IMG]

Thanks again, man.
  6. stl_oilburner

stl_oilburner New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL N. Blue/Gray
    Mods:
    Tinted windows
    Hey Guys about that wiring?

AganVW and Jimmygez1961,

Hey guys did the the extra wire in the adapter head back to the cecm? Also did you guys use any diode to isolate the power from the leds coming from the drl and the running lights?

Thanks,
    Stl_Oilburner
  7. AganVW

AganVW New Member

Car:
    '78 VW Rabbit, '91 VW Golf Country, '02 VW Jetta TDI

No & no. :thumbsup
  8. stl_oilburner

stl_oilburner New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Tinted windows
    Awesome,

AganVW,
    Good to hear. So where did the wire in the middle of the adapter go? Did you differ any from what Jimmygez1961 did on the wiring? Do either of you guys have any some screen shots of the vcds settings? I am sure it will make more sense when I am in it. You guys rock and the lights look SOOOOOO good. :bowdown I can hardly wait to get my lights in too.

On another though does the high beam shutter move to make the full blast of the HID light shine out?

I kind of was under the impression the extra wire runs back to the cemc to control the shutter?

Thanks again for the quick feedback!
    Stl_Oilburner
  9. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    The shutter works fine without the cecm about 3 months ago I blew out a cecm thank god I new a guy at vw and he took care of it for me so I did not mess with it but I bet there is a away to use the cecm u know these car have modules all over so they all talk to one another I still have some more work to do to get this bulb out when u start the car.when I have time me and my friend will figure it out but right now the people that have the Chinese headlight can at lease have them in there car with very little issue untill I figure it out or some one else can.
  10. vortexgolf

vortexgolf New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    Can you guys post where to get the lights and setup diagrams or pictures for all of us?
  11. Marcipaw

Marcipaw New Member

Car:
    2012 passat tdi se 6M
  12. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    Sorry I left one thing out when u vcds the voltage on the drl have to be set at 105
  13. ralphsvw

ralphsvw New Member

Car:
    VW Passat SE 2012
    Thanks, great job on the video. Just wanted to confirm beside the wire harness will you need to modify the vag?
  14. jimmygez1961

jimmygez1961 New Member

Car:
    2012 passat
    Yes you do read the page on here it tell you what u have to do in the computer
  15. stl_oilburner

stl_oilburner New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Tinted windows
    Hey guys, what tool did you use to repin, or did you do a bit of splicing in the center of your adapter?

Thanks,
    StL Oilerburner
  16. BPofMD

BPofMD Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SE TDI
    Radio Shack has a cheap tool you can buy to push the pins out of most plugs. Also better ones available at better electronic parts store. They are usually only open Mon-Fri tho. Some open on Saturday.
  17. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    Stl yes we spliced wires I the middle of the adapters. And I ghetto rigged me a pin out of a paper clip bent into a U shape and then filed the ends flat with my drimel tool. I know it's crude but it was effective.
  18. stl_oilburner

stl_oilburner New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Tinted windows
    I almost have all the pins out ready to re-pin, question that I am trying to understand is that Jimmy mentioned something about running a wire between the two lights. is that between the 10 and 9 circuits or is that between two other circuits.

Thanks to all that can help me out.

STL Oilburner
  19. stl_oilburner

stl_oilburner New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Tinted windows
    Jimmygez1961,
    Is this to stop the lights from flickering? are you really connecting circuit 10 to 9 to the 4 & 7 of the other light? Or am I reading this incorrectly?