change fuel filter

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by Misterix, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Misterix

Misterix New Member

Car:
    Golf v 2.0 tdi sportline 103 kw 16v 9-2004
    good evening I have to change the fuel filter I've seen wiki but I have some doubts. I have a golf mk5 2.0 tdi 16v 103kw of 9 / 2004. my filter with 6 screws of which the above bleed. Reading the wiki the bleed screw says to take it off before to open the filter container and then, when the sixth screw has to be screwed in at the end or just purged at the beginning. thank you

2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Can you post the TDI Wiki link your talking about? I've just search golf v fuel filter change and nothing useful shows.

3. Misterix

Misterix New Member

Car:
  4. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Yes I know about the Jetta. Does your have a bleed screw?

That's just for bleed the air out with VAG-COM\VCDS.

5. Misterix

Misterix New Member

Car:
    Yes, I have the bleed screw I have only to unscrew it before the other 5 and change the o ring and restart it right away or at the end. he does not talk about vag / com.

6. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    I think the 2005-2006 Jetta you can turn the ignition on and the fuel pump will run for a couple of seconds, I'm not sure if Golf V does this. The is another link in that thread.

Fuel filter replacement on 2009+ VW Jetta, Golf, JSW, and Audi A3 TDI (common rail engine)

Where I've added the comment of my experience at the bottom.

If you don't have access to VAG-GOM\VCDS you could lift up the back seat base to access the top of the tank unit. If you know the correct pin configuration you can give the fuel pump a permanent 12v feed to push the air out of the bleed screw.

7. Misterix

Misterix New Member

Car:
    the filters changed that diesel oil had to force it with a screwdriver because it did not come out a part of the filter broke but in the end it came out my car charged the diesel pump. work done in a workmanlike manner thanks to you and the videos.
    You do not need vag.com