CBEA Engine Manuals/Diagrams? Broke injector clamp bolt

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by itchyouch, May 1, 2012.

1. itchyouch

itchyouch New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
    Long story short, I've have a US, 2010 Audi A3 CR 2.0 TDI. The other day the car just stalled on me and the prior occasion that this occurred, the dealer provided an injector cleaning. Looking at the nozzle replacement DIYs, I figured pulling the injectors and cleaning them out with some diesel and putting them back in would do the trick.

While re-assembling things back together, I overtorqued the nut on the injector clamp and broke the bolt off. I'm debating between ordering the appropriate parts to put everything back together and just letting the dealership fix my mistake. Could anyone point me to the engine diagrams showing the extensiveness of fixing that bolt?

Thanks.
    Itchy
    login to remove this ad
  2. itchyouch

itchyouch New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
    Just spoke with the dealership. Looks like the studs are $2 a piece. Just ordered some and hoopefully that'll all that I'll need to replace.
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    There are no nozzle replacement DIY for your engine. The one here is for an older engine, don't use them for your engine.

Also, the injectors shouldn't need cleaning, especially to the point where the car stalls, unless you're getting bad fuel.
  4. itchyouch

itchyouch New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
    Oh yea, I'm just using the guides as a reference. The methods for injector removal are definitely different enough. As far as the injector cleanings are going, I've been having issues ever since there was contamination an the dealership replace the whole fuel system. In hindsight, I suppose I should have taken it up with Audi of America to warranty the fuel system work that was done.

Anyway what is done is done, thus I've gotta fix what's broken.
  5. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum Itchy. welcometomyturbodies

Just a quicky, you show

Car: a3

Please add 2010 Audi A3 CR 2.0 TDI to your car spec?

You could add the engine number CBAE. That engine number isn't show on Autodata.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  6. itchyouch

itchyouch New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
    Just got my part today.

On the CR TDI's on my CBEA engine, it is BOLT N-911-642-01 that is used to hold down the injectors. This bolt just screws off of the engine head if it breaks.

I have to order some more of the appropriate nuts as I don't want to use some semi-stripped nuts in the engine.
  7. itchyouch

itchyouch New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3 2.0 TDI
    updated my profile, but I meant to say that the engine model is the CBEA.
  8. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Thanks, you can still add the engine code I have.