car theft prevention tricks for manual trans. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by almir, Mar 30, 2011.

1. almir

almir Member

Car:
    2005 jetta tdi gls 1.9
    Hi, anyone have any ideas on how to prevent manual transmission 2005 Jetta TDI from being stolen. I don't like the idea that the manual trans can be shifted into N, steering wheel locking mechanism broken and just simply pushed away. I once saved my 1990 250D Benz with a hidden push button switch that was installed inline with the starter circuit. So any time I wanted to start I would have to press and hold the button when turning the key to start. I was bored and did this installation to kill some time, and just 4 days later my M.B was broken into, steering wheel lock was broken and piece of something was stuck inside of my ignition switch which was rotating 360 degrees. I have couple of other things on my mind but would like to know if any of you actually did something regarding this problem. I was thinking about some electrical valve inside of the clutch hydraulic line that would not allow pressure pass unless the valve is energized by hidden switch but I don't think that would last long since the pressure would be so high. Anyway anyone have any ideas that would like to share I would appreciate it. Al
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Wow, what part of Chicago do you live in? So I can find your car and steal it :D

You could install a linelock for the brake system so that all 4 wheels have their brakes actuated when you leave the car. It's a pretty common device but if someone really wants to steal your car to the point that they are pushing it away, they could just put it on a flatbed. And most of the time a break-in is just some random crackhead who wants the change in the ashtray.