1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures
  1. destrucboy@yahoo.com

destrucboy@yahoo.com New Member

Car:
    06 jetta tdi
    hi i have a bad camshaft in my 06 jetta tdi i need to know if u replace any bearings if so are they pressed in or not and what tools i need
    login to remove this ad
  2. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
  3. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    They aren't pressed in, they just lay there and are clamped by the caps. See the article for tools.
  4. destrucboy@yahoo.com

destrucboy@yahoo.com New Member

Car:
    06 jetta tdi
    ok thanks guys theres a colt stage 1 and stage 2 camshaft which one can i use if both whats the difference
  5. Seatman

Seatman Active Member

Car:
    2000 Mk4 Golf Estate 1.9tdi 174 bhp
    Mods:
    PP764's, turbo and mapping
    Theoretically the stage 2 should add a small amount of power but I don't know how much you'd notice. kermatdi sells them, you could ask him for more info.
  6. Colt45

Colt45 New Member

Car:
    2006 BRM
    Camshaft failure

Just wanted to introduce myself and I wasn't sure where. This forum has already been a huge help! I was attempting to leave my wife's 2006 jetta BRM alone, I have enough other projects going on. Unfortunately I have had camshaft failure. Going to do the egr delete while i'm in there. so The question I have is what sensor is causing the low egr flow code? I'm not aware of a delta-p sensor or pressure differential sensor, whats the deal?
  7. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    The car knows through MAF and 02 sensor how egr flow is. If you delete it you'll have permanent CEL, must reflash the ECU to remove the light.
  8. Djgaby

Djgaby New Member

Car:
    2005.5 jetta tdi
    2005.5 jetta camshaft replace

Hello im new on this great forum got quastion just inspected my camshaft today my car got 195777m purchast last month from one owner love this car number 1 got visable weer and Lifter got dish look shoud i replace cam? Or wait for more wheer on other onece. thank you
  9. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI