Broken RFID chip...Please help!!!!

Discussion in 'VW Mk4 Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat TDI forum' started by petr_qc, Dec 23, 2010.

1. petr_qc

petr_qc New Member

Car:
    vw/beetle/2003
    Hello everybody!
    I'm installing a remote starter on my dautghter's 2003 beetle.I want to bypass immobilizer by attaching RFID chip to a reader (this is the cheapest way to do it ,i think ) and just broke chip trying to get it out of remote keychain :(.
    Can anybody help me to disable immobilizer (if it is possible at all).Or any other way to use the car without this chip... I have duplicate key .w/o the chip.

Any help will be appreciated!
    login to remove this ad
  2. kamip

kamip Member

If you have a duplicate key without the chip it won't work unless you rewrite the computer to work without the immobililzer. As Chitty has said, if it were too easy to bypass the immobilizer it woulnd't be a very good anti-theft system. You have to rewrite the computer
  3. petr_qc

petr_qc New Member

Car:
    vw/beetle/2003
    Hi kamip!
    Thanks for reply...
    I guess I will have to buy a blank key with a chip, then cut it and reprogram.But what kind of chip is it supposed to be? There are different kinds of keys with chips on ebay. What is the difference? And is it possible to retrieve SKC w/o an original RFID chip? I assume I need SKC to be able to program a new key.
    Thanks for help
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I'm sure it's possible to get the SKC from a RFID chip but I've never seen the tools for it. Likewise, I have never seen spare chips for sale. immo2-immo3 are also different.

Take a look a the mk4 key FAQ. Buy a key with the same part number as your current key. The part number is stamped on the key. Now that you've joined the forum you can view the immobilizer FAQ on how to get the SKC. It's required to work with the immo system.
  5. petr_qc

petr_qc New Member

Car:
    vw/beetle/2003
    I'd like to thanks everybody who responded to my post!
    The problem is solved. I just bought a new chip (a little glass capsule) and had it programmed for my vehicle. It cost me 120 bucks but did I have a choice? So, thanks again for trying to help me!
    Merry Christmas to all of you!
  6. Vent5

Vent5 New Member

Where did you buy the new chip?
  7. petr_qc

petr_qc New Member

Car:
    vw/beetle/2003
    I bought it from a local auto locksmith.The guy had just the chip separate from a key.I've also seen it for sale on Internet (don't remember th e name of the website, though).I'm sure You will find it if you do some research
  8. pdq

pdq New Member

Car:
    Audi S6 Avant 1995.5
    Mods:
    chip, RS cams and exhaust
    I have bought just the capsule and replaced them in the key before, but it is a pain to do in my opinion. There was a question about disabling the immobolizer, which I agree is near impossible. There is however a simple solution to the multiple key quandary. If you get an immobolizer chip and epoxy it to the steering lock after coding it, the car always sees the chip and allows starting. You can then have as many keys as you want cut and they can even be chipless because the chip is always there. Of course you lose your immobolizer security this way, but you were asking about disablement anyway, so I don't think that is an issue.