BRM timing belt change

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by TDI55, May 6, 2012.

1. TDI55

TDI55 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006
    Hi I'm a new member, have a 06 Jetta up in Edmonton Alberta and just finished changing timing belt yesterday. I was a bit disappointed with the Bentley Manual and fought with getting the belt on for a long time. I tried to get onto this site yesterday but had password errors that the guys sorted out for me Thanks. The job could have been finished alot quicker if I saw the instructions and videos before but all is good now. A question I still have is the torque value for the lower engine mount for the revised mount. Is that a revised torque for the same mount or a completely different mount assy? (33 ft lbs + 180*) Another question is do you put thread locker on the tensioner and idler nuts? This is a great site for info Thanks, I'm a bit of a dinosaur on the computer so hope I'm doing this right
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Do you mean mount w/horizontal bolts that attaches to engine or mount with vertical bolts that attaches to car side.

I use a tiny bit of threadlocker, permatex data sheet says no change in torque spec