1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

BRM timing belt change

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI' started by TDI55, May 6, 2012.

1. TDI55

TDI55 New Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006
    Hi I'm a new member, have a 06 Jetta up in Edmonton Alberta and just finished changing timing belt yesterday. I was a bit disappointed with the Bentley Manual and fought with getting the belt on for a long time. I tried to get onto this site yesterday but had password errors that the guys sorted out for me Thanks. The job could have been finished alot quicker if I saw the instructions and videos before but all is good now. A question I still have is the torque value for the lower engine mount for the revised mount. Is that a revised torque for the same mount or a completely different mount assy? (33 ft lbs + 180*) Another question is do you put thread locker on the tensioner and idler nuts? This is a great site for info Thanks, I'm a bit of a dinosaur on the computer so hope I'm doing this right
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Do you mean mount w/horizontal bolts that attaches to engine or mount with vertical bolts that attaches to car side.

I use a tiny bit of threadlocker, permatex data sheet says no change in torque spec