blowing oil and popping dipstick

Discussion in '2014+ Chevy Cruze diesel forum and club' started by morristhecat, Jan 2, 2018.

?

I have a 2.0l turbo. It's blowing oil into the air breather, and popped dipstick out. I removed the

1. any ideas?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. References?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. morristhecat

morristhecat New Member

Car:
    Chevrolet, Cruze, 2014
    I have a 2.0l turbo. It's blowing oil into the air breather, and popped dipstick out. I removed the PVC valve line and at idle there's good pressure, at 1500, it you can't hold your finger there. Any ideas?

2. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM
  3. morristhecat

morristhecat New Member

Car:
    Chevrolet, Cruze, 2014
    No, just people who wanted to help.
    It's my daughters vehicle. From what I was told has VW TDI engine. A local diesel mechanic, found the problem. No reason to communicate any longer. Have a great day.

4. Ol'Rattler

Ol'Rattler Well-Known Member

Car:
    06 TDI Jetta
    O.K. I got that out of the way. If you want to know about a car, just ask the man that has owned one. I'll keep my opinions in check and just try to help. That is what we do here is try to help people, so I'll concentrate on that.

Yes both are Diesels that are very simulator although the Cruze is is called a TD not a TDI. From the symptoms you posted, I would do a compression test. My best guess is blow by past the rings although it is possible the turbo is pressurizing the crankcase but I would doubt that is happening.

Since Diesels have about 400 PSI of compression, you will need one of these: https://www.harborfreight.com/diesel-engine-compression-tester-20-pc-62594.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 5:06 PM