Biodiesel in a 2006 jetta

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by chacaocop, Feb 17, 2012.

1. chacaocop

chacaocop Member

Car:
    Jetta/2000 (totalled by my son) Jetta/2006 (not letting my son drive this one) Jetta/2000 This will be my third TDI.
    Hi again:

I filled my 2000 jetta with Biodiesel and it has worked fine. I am ready to also start using it in my 2006 jetta but then I read the post regarding Intro to Biodiesel....

In the article it says that vehicles from 2000-2006 will run fine with B100, but it also says that vehicles from 2006 and up use DPF and that the method of regenerating the filter is with post combustion fuel injection to raise the exhaust pipe temperature. I own a Ford Excursion and it has DPF as well since it is mandatory from that year.

So, is it safe to run BioDiesel in my 2006 jetta? I dont want to dilute the engine oil and have the risk of ruining the engine.

Any thougths on this?

login to remove this ad
  2. chacaocop

chacaocop Member

Car:
    Jetta/2000 (totalled by my son) Jetta/2006 (not letting my son drive this one) Jetta/2000 This will be my third TDI.
    I take it back. I was looking at a diagram which showed an european model, not the american one. My apologies. 2006 and older do not come with DPF.

In the American models there is a converter though, but it is not a DPF.

3. jproctor9

jproctor9 New Member

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDi
    There is a lot of debate about using B100 with PD injectors. Some have been running for quite some time, but there are others who suggest B100 will cause varnish on the injectors. I ran B100 for a while, and finally decided it just wasn't worth the risk of injector fouling. I now run B20 and am quite happy. Reduced soot and no MPG loss. I'm hopeful that the added lubricity will keep the injectors and fuel system working for 300K+ (although that will be 2-3 cam chafts at this rate).

4. aj chriscoe

aj chriscoe New Member

Car:
    vw, jetta, 2006
    I just bought my 2006 jetta yesterday. My intent is to make and burn B100. In general biodiesel acts as a cleaner and will clean out the varnish or other deposits in your fuel system from the diesel fuel. Which may clog fuel filters if the transition is not done gradually from diesel to biodiesel. That is why biodiesel gets a bad rap. People that are uninformed think that when they used biodiesel it plugged up their filters. It was not the biodiesel it was the diesel deposits that are being cleaned out.

chacaocop likes this.
  5. MnTom

MnTom Member

Car:
    2-2006 Jettas (Kid's cars), 2012 Jetta Sportwagon
    My son has used B99 in his '06 Jetta and has zero issues with it. Granted, he has not used it exclusively, but again, no problems. aj chriscoe is correct, the bio does not plug the filters. The dirt, grime and water that gets cleaned by the bio does.

chacaocop likes this.