Bentley CD manual installation problem

Discussion in 'General Diesel Discussion' started by drouima, May 4, 2012.

1. drouima

drouima New Member

Car:
    Jetta wagon 2004 TDI (BEW)
    I bought a new cd that I cannot use on my computer because it operates with Window 7 eventhaught the disk was supposed to work on XP and later.... E-mailed to seller to complain and he responded that the publicity was not saying that it was compatible with W 7 so I had no reason to complain.

Wow... is that normal Bentley service?
    login to remove this ad
  2. Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer Member

Car:
    2009 Jetta TDI
    You have a couple of choices:

If you have a Windows 7 Professional / Ultimate you should be able to install Win XP mode Win 7 free. Otherwise, you have to upgrade to Prof. or Ultimate.

This is what I do. You can also install an Oracle Virtual Box under Win 7.

Once you intall a virtual machine, you will need to load Bentley's and any other software you may want on the virtual machine.

Is the CD new and unused? If not, the only other issue you may have is if the CD license has been registered at Bentley's to the previous owner. If the owner has registered at Bentley's you may need his account data to log in. You can generally obtain a new license (if you can log in to the account) by answering a few online questions saying that the hard drive crashed and you can't recover (deactivate) the license on that machine. I have been successful doing this several times.
  3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Bentley manuals aren't the best though you would think so at that price, ElsaWin should be better. google it bentley_vw_jetta_golf_gti_99-05(service manual).pdf thats what I downloaded a 4954 page pdf manual.

They are also bad if they won't work on Win7.