Bad EGR with only 5800 miles

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by dieselFTW, Jun 4, 2012.

1. dieselFTW

dieselFTW New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon TDI
    Mods:
    None Yet
    I had my EGR valve replaced with less than 6000 miles on the car. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hopefully it is just a fluke, but brightside is my MPG has been a tick better since the replacement!
    login to remove this ad
  2. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel, E-Brake handle and Shifter \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    What symptoms do you get with this? I just bought my 2012 Golf TDI 5 days ago, so you are freakin' me out with this... :panic:

:D
  3. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Like what ^^^^^^^^^^^ said: Need more details.
  4. dieselFTW

dieselFTW New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon TDI
    Mods:
    None Yet
    the CEL came on, but by the time i could get it to the dealer (next day) it was gone again.

They did a scan and determined that it was a bad EGR. I drove the car for 2 days (600 miles) before the part was in, with no CEL returning. Once the part came in they installed it.

For the most part, I am pretty "in tune" with my cars and did not notice anything irregular leading up to the CEL or during. That said, this is my first diesel.

That is all the detail I have. Thought I would post to see if anyone else has encountered this. Personally I hope no one else has, and that maybe it was just a faulty EGR and nothing more.
  5. xeno555

xeno555 Member

Car:
    2012 TDI Tech Package 6mt
    Mods:
    Malone Stage II. Rawtek 3" from Turbo to Tail. Slammed on Koni. TSW Nurmburg Rims. Whiteline Sway & Ends. Panzer Plate.
    Sounds like it threw one error and cleared itself out. But the dealer decided to replace it, just in case.
  6. Softrockrenegade

Softrockrenegade New Member

Car:
    2011 golf
    Can you post the code that came up please ? Thanks !
  7. dieselFTW

dieselFTW New Member

Car:
    2005 Passat Wagon TDI
    Mods:
    None Yet
    p0403

Service was done at 6089miles, I am rounding 9000 now with no issues