B20 in Orlando

Discussion in 'Biodiesel general' started by flyingboatdriver, Mar 12, 2012.

1. flyingboatdriver

flyingboatdriver New Member

Car:
    2005 VW Passat TDI
    Does anyone know where you can buy Bio-Diesel in the Orlando area?

Lynx runs and makes it, but does not sell it to the public
    login to remove this ad
  2. Shimerism

Shimerism Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI
    http://www.gloveroil.com/biofuels.html

This company is in Melbourne and has biodiesel. I have not personally used their biodiesel yet but I plan on making a trip to get acquainted with the company and pricing their product.
  3. skramer

skramer New Member

Car:
    2012 Audi A3 Sportback TDI
    Gover Oil is a nice company...I've been a few times (living in Viera). The only issues are the times available to get fuel. Not open on weekends, and closed by 5pm. They do not have my specific B-5 I would be willing to run (2012 TDI), but they do have B-20 which I use to mix up to make it roughly equal to B5. I was going to purchase 5 gallons of of B-99 then mix that into oil, but went with XPD instead, maybe next time I will do this.

Some other places that have B-based Products I know of so far

Pilot B-15- 520/I-95 Exit (better hours...$4.11 as of today)
    T/A Vero Beach 60/I-95 Exit
  4. Shimerism

Shimerism Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI
    That's nice to know :)

I called last week and B-99 was $3.88 a gallon. My husband works in Melbourne, we live in Titusville, and I've thought about sending him over there with a new "gasoline" container to get filled up. I've thought about just adding about 1-1.5 quarts of the B-99 when we get fuel to keep it below B-5.

I've seen the XPD, and while there are conflicting opinions on whether or not to put additives in the new VWs, I think we're safe with putting less than or equal to B-5.
  5. skramer

skramer New Member

Car:
    2012 Audi A3 Sportback TDI
    Yep...thought about doing the same. I've read that you need 1-5% to increase lubricity to better levels, with the biofuel this requires carrying larger containers around vs the 8oz per tank of XPD. Its easier I think when traveling to carry a few 8oz bottler vs 32-48ozs containers of biofuel to get between the 1-5%. If VW didnt state the B5 max, I would run as high as I could get

XPD states its actually better for the latest emissions equipment, because it reduces emissions. I'm sure just a sales slogan, but its one of the few that is states on the bottle approved for ulsd
  6. TDI140HP

TDI140HP New Member

Car:
    2011 Gold TDI 6 speed
    hope you are using diesel safe containers.....BioD will cause the plastics in a new 'gasoline" container to disintegrate eventually.....I do the same thing ...add some BioD to each fill (about 1liter per fill) and store it inside my house in the basement to keep it warm and do store it in a Yellow diesel container available at Walmart.
  7. Shimerism

Shimerism Member

Car:
    2012 Jetta TDI
    That's always good to know. We never actually got a chance to store BioD as my husband started working from home and no longer has to travel to Melbourne. But I do stop every chance I get at the Pilot on 520 :)
  8. chad44

chad44 New Member

Car:
    2007 vw