1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

AV input on the RNS 510

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by TDI_Brad, Jan 3, 2012.

1. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    Whats my options for av input on the headunit? I would like to hook up a tv tuner to it. I've seen some videos on YouTube showing fully integrated controls with the rns 510. This was done in an European VW so I know it can be done. I'm just not sure how make this happen. If I could get it to work like this one in the video that would be awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fsnd-h_DBc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Has anyone seen anything for tv tuner settings with the VAGCOM?
    login to remove this ad
  2. dno555

dno555 New Member

Car:
    VW SEL Premium
    did you find out how this is possible ?
  3. TDI_Brad

TDI_Brad Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Cool Stuff
    There are some tv tuners available out there that I have found. Also i think it would require a separate antenna for the tv signal. And I think I saw something in VCDS for enabling tv for the head unit. Other than that I haven't really looked into it any more. I still wouldn't mind figuring this out though especially if our antenna could pick up the signal.
  4. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    I'm thinking a better solution is to connect a smartphone to the A/V IN and stream from the internet. You can even buy a SlingBox to stream your home cable through a smartphone app.
  5. dno555

dno555 New Member

Car:
    VW SEL Premium
    I don't want TV i just want to install (AV IN ) so i can play my iPhone videos on the screen.
  6. dno555

dno555 New Member

Car:
    VW SEL Premium
    how can i do this
  7. dno555

dno555 New Member

Car:
    VW SEL Premium
  8. Gunther

Gunther New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Having slingbox access in the car would be way cool!!