1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

AUTO Unlock feature

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by Texpar, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Texpar

Texpar New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat Opera Red TDI SEL
    Ok I took the car back to the dealer and they said that they could not duplicate the problem.....

So when I walk up to the drivers door and put my fingers behind the handle to pull I hear the car unlock, BUT when I pull the handle the door does not open. after pulling 3 or 4 times it now will open (only heard the unlock once). I read the manual again and it states to make sure you are not touching the outside where the lock sensor is because it will not work. so I have been very conscious of this and still it often will not open. My Dad drove the car on a trip this last week and also experienced the same thing. My wife also has had this occur on her. Only seams to happen on the drivers door.

So are we doing something to cause this? Are others having this happen to them?
    login to remove this ad
  2. puttputtboom

puttputtboom New Member

Car:
    1998 tdi
    No problems here, works perfectly!
  3. QuadricornSlayer

QuadricornSlayer New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    I have had this happen several times as well...seems to occur when the car has been left out in the sun on a hot day. First time I had to open from the back door, then learned if I try several times it will eventually work. Probably just an alignment problem...going to have the dealer look at it tomorrow.
  4. QuadricornSlayer

QuadricornSlayer New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Dealer said they have heard of this problem and ordered a new door latch.
  5. Texpar

Texpar New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat Opera Red TDI SEL
    Thanks! mine is supposed to go in for a check up so I will mention it again to them.