Audi Q5 TDI Adblue fault

Discussion in 'Audi Q5, Q7, Touareg TDI, Porsche Cayenne forum' started by sien, Jan 24, 2013.

1. sien

sien New Member

Car:
    Audi Q5 TDI
    Hi, anyone of you has encounter the adblue fault? the message is 'Adblue: System Fault. No restart in 1000km! See owner's manual'

first thing i did when i saw this message is to refill the adblue. I have topped up 2 bottle of 1.8liters adblue. The message still there... using the ross-tech vag com to find the fault, but couldn't find any.. please helpp!! thanks
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I have heard of this a few times in the Q7, it's a faulty message.

It may be possible to reset it in adaptation but I'm not sure exactly which menu. There is no Q5 TDI in the US yet.
  3. sien

sien New Member

Car:
    Audi Q5 TDI
    hi chittychittybangbang,

May i know where did you heard this problem? the problem is no fault was found using VCDS software...can't reset them through VCDS....
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I just remember talking to a dealer last year about the Q7 showing faulty early adblue warnings so can the dealer can fix this for you. Maybe a newer firmware update?

Try looking in the instrument module, there should be a service reminder setting in there. However, since the adblue is tied into the engine operation, I don't know if it's somewhere else.
  5. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    2000 Mercedes-Benz G500 NMLE
    On the Q7, once the warning is activated, it requires the dealer or VAG-COM to turn it off. There is a way to do this on the Q7 with the VAG-COM. Not sure if it would work with the Q5. Why not check with Ross-Tech to see. That's where I got the procedure for the Q7. I'm not sure if they ever published it publicly. Check their Wiki.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
  6. sien

sien New Member

Car:
    Audi Q5 TDI
    Mind to share the Ross tech wiki web? I'm still new to the vcds software..thanks
  7. sien

sien New Member

Car:
    Audi Q5 TDI
    Hi all, today i managed to get the OBD2 with Scanmaster software to diagnose the problem.. but not very sure about the 'error' I've got from the scanmaster.. please refer to the attached photo, basically 'heated catalyst' and 'o2 sensor' are in red.. does that mean this giving the adblue system fault?? PLEASE HELP!! thank you!!

Attached Files:

8. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    2000 Mercedes-Benz G500 NMLE