audi a3 left turning light is always on and won't turn off

Discussion in 'Mk7 VW Golf, Sportwagen and Audi A3 TDI forums' started by virgopelo, Nov 4, 2016.

1. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    VW JETTA 2006 tdi, AUDI A3 2012
    Hi to all :
    i have this problem with my Audi a3 2012 TDI the front left turning light one morning decide to stay on all the time it won't blink or off at any time the ignition is off the and bulb stay on the only way to turn the light is by removing a 30amps fuse (green fuse) on the engine fuse box .I connect the VCDS show a short circuit message
    i add some picture pictures
    any idea it will be much appreciated the only way to use the car is to unplug the bulb

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Lol....German electronics...is the turn stalk activated? Some cars have parking lights that turn on only the side marker. If the stalk is faulty perhaps that could keep it on? Any turn signal issues?

Perhaps follow the wiring harness, could there be a break where it's receiving power from another broken wire?

3. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    hi chyttybangbang :
    when i move the stalk to the left all markers on the left side will blink except the one with the problem and if i put it to the right all marker light work fine ,if i put the hazards all markers work fine except the one with the problem
    i forged to tell you guys that tow weeks before i have this problem i put and HID light system , perhaps the HID melt some wire?

4. forest421

forest421 New Member

Car:
    2010 Audi A3
    Mods:
    Stage 2 tune, CAI, Billieboat downpipe

Did you happen to order the headlight kit from protuninglab? I had the same exact issue, and the dealership ended ureplacing the control module. Part number is 8P0-907-063-Q

I have yet to test the headlights with the new control module, don't know if that's what caused the last one to break but I don't want to chance it.

5. virgopelo

virgopelo Member

Car:
    Hi I don't remember from where i get this kit ,is an old kid the ballast are small and blue metallic, i have it on my other jetta (the hid ballast )and i order the h7 bulb and put it on the audi ,do you know if this control module is body control module ? because on the fuse box on the engine bay when I take out the fuse (30amps green fuse ) for the body control module the light turn of but with he part number that you said it will show a anti-theft alarm control module