1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

Audi A3 - Car cuts out

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by gdavies1177, Jul 14, 2011.

1. gdavies1177

gdavies1177 New Member

Car:
    audi a3/2001
    Since yesterday my car (audi a3 1.9tdi - 2001) has decided not to start. I turn the key the engine kicks in and then cuts out. The engine immobilizer warning light is flashing so I assume it's something to do with the key??? Can anyone help with some suggestions or fixes???

Cheers,
    Gary
    login to remove this ad
  2. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Yes it sounds like the pain in the ass immobilizer problem, it will run for 1-2 seconds then stop?

Have you done anything to you motor.

Are you using the same key you've always used, do you have a spare key you could try?

You haven't replaced the car battery have you?

Do a search for immobilizer in FAQ.
  3. gdavies1177

gdavies1177 New Member

Car:
    audi a3/2001
    Hi Keith,

Haven't done anything to the motor or the battery and I'm using the same key as always. I've tried the spare keys last night to no avail.
  4. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
  5. Sandy1962

Sandy1962 New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 1.8L 2003
    Immobilizer Problems

Hi,

I have an Audi A4 1.8T (2003) and I have the same issue. Can you advise what the result was from your troubleshooting this problem? Did you eventually get this fixed? If so, what did you do?
    sb