Audi A3 8P Smell of diesel/burnt fuel inside the Cabin when car is stationary

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by aqibi2000, Jun 14, 2017.

1. aqibi2000

aqibi2000 New Member

Car:
    Audi A3
    Can anyone help with a diagnosis, struggling to understand how this occurs

2. taulant sokoli

taulant sokoli New Member

Car:
    VW passat 2006
    Check your fuel filter or maybe there is leaking somewhere from the engine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    What year Audi A3 and engine, please add that to your car spec as the Audi A3 has been made for many years?

Check the exhaust system for any leaks. When was the pollen filter last changed that will filter bad smell getting inside the car?

4. ncsteinb

ncsteinb New Member

Car:
    2006 BRM Jetta Manual, 2002 ALH Jetta Manual, 1997 318ti w/turbo 6cyl (M50) swap
    Mods:
    Koni Yellow adjustable dampers, H&R Sport Springs, ECS Tuning Dogbone insert, ECS Single Mass Flywheel (both), EGR delete (both), Malone tune (both), BMW-> All of the mods!
    Check the EGR flap. It's under the car, behind the engine, under the turbo. Near the driver's side of the EGR system, there is a valve, similar to a butterfly valve. Look for soot deposits, as this is a common leak path for exhaust gas. I recently removed the EGR system due to this issue, and I didn't want to replace the EGR system.

Cheers