APR Tuning now offering a tune for 2.0 CR TDIs!

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by 1Guy1CupEdition, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 1Guy1CupEdition

1Guy1CupEdition New Member

Car:
    2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition
    Mods:
    Stock
    login to remove this ad
  2. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    10' Jetta TDI DSG, 01' S4, 91' 200
    I was the first to get it!!
  3. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel, E-Brake handle and Shifter \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    So review already...!

:D
  4. Biggu

Biggu New Member

Car:
    2012 JSW + NAV AND PANO
    im scheduled to get it done tomorrow am with my 2012. they say it may not work on a 2012 but we will know for sure tomorrow.
  5. DubFamily

DubFamily Active Member

Car:
    2012 Golf TDI 6MT
    Mods:
    Golf R Steering wheel, E-Brake handle and Shifter \ Sport Pedals \ Torque Pro App \ Clear Sidemarkers
    Definitely want to hear about this as I plan to do mine soon as well
  6. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    Got around to running my brothers Cup Edition tonight and I was pretty happy with the results. I am certainly happy I waited it out for APR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wmO6y-B0Q&sns=em

Mods are as follows:

Brothers car (camera car): 2010 6mt TDI Cup Edition, Malone Stage 2, PDE DPF delete down pipe, PDE exhaust and AFE intake.

My car: 2010 DSG TDI sedan, APR Stage 1, AFE exhaust (exhaust valve back) and a Neuspeed intake.

The first run we did I got killed like when I ran him back when I was stock and was like damn, this made no difference. Turns out I had the car in stock mode. Switched it to the performance map and was pleasantly surprised.

I am NOT trying to discredit Malone or any other tuners as there are tons of variables here. What I can say is that I am a happy APR customer now on two of my vehicles and look forward to what else they may offer to the TDI community.
  7. Biggu

Biggu New Member

Car:
    2012 JSW + NAV AND PANO
    Just got a call from the shop doing my flash. APR does NOT support 2012 cars yet .

they said they may have something next week but cannot guarantee it. glad I wasted my time today dropping off the car and going the day with out a car to drive. Might just drive my other car while I send my ecu out and just get a Malone stage 2 tune.
  8. Bengone1

Bengone1 New Member

Car:
    98 GTi, 82 Caddy
    I gotta call BS on that race. There is no way your stage 1, DSG safe tune pulled on a stage 2 DPF deleted car. Either your brother can't drive or his car is seriously broken.
  9. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    LOL! He was also towing a 32' camper. I left that part out in the description.
  10. Bengone1

Bengone1 New Member

Car:
    98 GTi, 82 Caddy
    Only a 32'er still doesn't add up. Any jet skis involved?
  11. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    Haha, believe it or not my car WITH DPF was quicker. He can drive and his car is running as it should, I'm not sure why this is hard to believe. In his defense, there was one extra passenger in the cup car recording the run.
  12. 1Guy1CupEdition

1Guy1CupEdition New Member

Car:
    2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition
    Mods:
    Stock
    Hey amd is the best, just curious as I still have yet to pull the trigger on the APR software.

Have you had any bad experiences so far with DSG shifting issues? There sure are a ton of other folks online that are having some really jerky shifts to the point that their cars are nearly undriveable.

I still really want to go for the APR, but I might end up going Malone if the APR software with the DSG is as rough as I'm reading it is.
  13. amd is the best

amd is the best Member

Car:
    I had experienced the issue you speak of but also found a way to alleviate it. I found that having the car in S (sport) or in manual mode it would not have any issues.

I NEVER had any issue with it being nearly undriveable.

I had the APR software for over 4000 miles and enjoyed every bit of it. The car has since been traded in on a new Golf R.
  14. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. New Member

Car:
    2012 4-door Golf TDi (6MT)
    I think the difference on the drag strip between a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 car should be minimal and that other variables could be at play.

There is much more to a tune than drag strip performance. I have a car with a Malone Stage 2 and Rawtek DPF-delete pipes and I can tell you it is a night and day different car compared to stock. I've driven other tuned cars and most of them feel "like stock but with more oomph". My car simply feels like a bigger engined car. Much smoother, almost no turbo lag, much more driveable at low speed, much stronger and more progressive power delivery, just overall so smooth, refined AND powerful.

I can't say the other tunes are no good, but Malone's tune really is at a level of refinement such that the car is completely transformed. All its little flaws are completely fixed by the tune, whereas it seems many other tunes simply jack up the power hit you already experience in the stock car.

I can't recommend Malone's tune enough!