1. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    2000 Mercedes-Benz G500 NMLE
    Just added 2.5 gallons of AdBlue/DEF to my Q7 at 2,000 miles. Quite obviously, the dealer did not top it up in their predelivery prep. Bad dealer!
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Did the low level warning go off? What was the level before you added?

I'm curious if it needs adaptation every time you add adblue or only if it falls below the warning level.

Screenshots of each step in VCDS and photos would be helpful and qualify for the bi monthly contest :)
  3. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    No warnings and no way to check the actual level. The car only has 2,000 miles on it. Dealer tech says they add 2 gallons every 10,000 mile service; and know that it's full when they can't add any more. I just wanted to see how much I could add to stay ahead of any warnings and/or need to readapt.

I did check the channel that Ross-Tech suggested I try before and after the addition; and saw no changes in the values.

Ross-Tech asked me not to publish the procedure until I was sure that it is valid. Obviously, not sure at this point. I really need someone with the warnings on to test it out with.
  4. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    Here's the dealer Service Manager's response:

Of course! 5,000 miles - when the customer has to pay for it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  5. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2010
  6. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    I've just been advised on another forum that the 5,000 mile service is provided free by Audi; so the AdBlue fill should be at no charge.

Shame on the selling dealer for not mentioning this.

PS - Better fix the FAQ.
  7. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Audi care says that "When you purchase the Audi Care New Vehicle Plan, you pre-pay for scheduled maintenance service"

But in the next paragraph it says"The Audi Care New Vehicle Plan covers the manufacturer-required regularly scheduled maintenance services at:
    • 15,000 miles
    • 25,000 miles
    • 35,000 miles
    • 45,000 miles
    • or 5 years from the original vehicle in-service date, whichever comes first"
    The "scheduled maintenance intervals" sheet says that Adblue is topped off at 5, 15, 25, 35, etc., every 10,000 miles.

So which is it? Does it cover every scheduled maintenance or just the ones at 15, 25, 35, 45 or 5 years whichever comes first?

The booklet says "Over the life of your Audi Care plan, these services and more are covered under recommended scheduled maintenance: AdBlue Fluid | Refill completely (23 liters), Audi Q7 3.0L TDI only" Are you sure the other person didn't have Audi care?
  8. chittychittybangbang

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Also, the bentley maintenance schedule says this about adding adblue:
    "AdBlue Fluid - fill completely with fresh fluid (maximum capacity: 23 liters) and adapt learned values for AdBlue tank under guided fault finding after filling fluid"

It's open to interpretation but this is another thing that suggests you have to do an adaptation after filling the tank.
  9. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    It's all, obviously, clear as mud. Sometimes I think that Audi intentionally obfuscates things.
  10. DUTCH VanAtlanta

DUTCH VanAtlanta Member

Car:
    Here's the link I was given:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/tools/advice/faq/questions_about_our/warranty_service_parts.html

No mention of AdBlue, but I guess that it could be considered as "parts".