AdBlue Pump Failure

Discussion in '2012-2015 VW Passat TDI forum' started by TDI_Wake, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TDI_Wake

TDI_Wake New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    Well only 1200 miles CEL comes on. I take it to the dealership and find out today that the AdBlue pump is failed and I need a new one :annoyed. Anyone else with this problem? Is this going to be a reoccurring thing? :panic:
    login to remove this ad
  2. MyAvocation

MyAvocation Member

Car:
    Jetta TDI 2006.5
    If you can, please post the CEL code(s) and part number of replaced part(s). Thanks.
  3. paulsfin

paulsfin New Member

Car:
    2012 passat tdi se
    They probably cleared the code already. If its any consolation, I had a jeep rubicon that the day I drove it off the lot. The dealers says to me,"let me know if the roof leaks because there's a factory recall". Also I owned a Mercedes ML320 that recalled the entire antilock ecu system after 500 miles. Your passat is still under warranty and if Volkswagen is taking care of you then at least there's peace of mind that they're backing the warranty and product.
  4. paulsfin

paulsfin New Member

Car:
    2012 passat tdi se
    Also, my 2012 passat tdi has a cel that I'm checking on today. It's Code p2200 and p2209. Oxides of nitrogen sensor bank one failure and NOx sensor heater. Probably will be told its something with the add blue system because the car runs fine. No worries if the dealer takes the car for warranty repair. It's a new model and a new build year so I figuered something might pop. Please consider that your Volkswagen passat is probably one of the most complicated vehicles available on the market in its price range complete with a "self cleaning oven cycle at 1200 degrees F".
  5. TDI_Wake

TDI_Wake New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    I understand that, but a complete pump failure at only 1200 miles is ridiculous:annoyed. I went to the touareg forums that use a very similar system to keep there emissions down. Sounds like they have had the problem repeatedly I guess there was a bad batch of pumps. I am hoping its not the same for the passat. I will post all info when I get it from the dealer should be next wed. The emissions system on my truck almost ruined it. I sure hope its not the same on my passat. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=339362&page=2

Above is a link to another customer experiencing this. :panic: I love diesels but I am getting sick of emissions ruining stuff.
  6. VdubDiesel

VdubDiesel New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL PREM
    Mods:
    HID Low Beam and HID Fog, Rain Sensor, Rain Closur
    TDI Wake...

I have my Passat for over 3 months and 11,000 miles... Nothing wrong with the vehicle, sorry that you experienced this downfall, don't let it disappoint you, the Passat is an awesome car, keep in mind parts fail time to time unfortunately it was yours hopefully nothing else will happen..... Now was the car drivable after the fault? I would suggest you call VW customer care and complain also.... They need to know.... Good luck and have faith in your vehicle it's awesome.....
  7. hhirschb

hhirschb New Member

Car:
    VW Touareg/2012
    I bought my new Touareg late December 2011, first Adblue pump failed at 356 miles and now the new one has failed and I only have 3775 miles on the car. Should I expect the next one to fail as well? I never had an adblue refill light just the check engine light. Unfortunately the dealership doesn't have a replacement pump in stock.
  8. GaelleS

GaelleS New Member

Car:
    Touareg TDI Executive 2012
    2012 Touareg TDI Executive

My check engine light went on three weeks after I took delivery (Jan 19th). Immediately took it to VW service and was told that the AdBlue pump was the problem. They ordered a replacement pump, but I haven't been able to take time off from work to get the new one installed. So, it has run for four months and 6K miles without an additional problem. Am still planning to get the replacement pump ASAP, though.
  9. alisa beganovic

alisa beganovic New Member

Car:
    2012 passat tdi
    Some time passed since this posting - I am interested to hear if your problems went away or are you still visiting VW service on a regular basis?
    I have 2012 passat tdi SE and my CEL was pn first time on 2400 miles. Then again on 3000 and now 4000 miles. I am contacting "lemonlow" for Ohio and will see what comes out of it. I love the car but I also lost my sleep over it. I own three passats and others are fine.
  10. TDI_Wake

TDI_Wake New Member

Car:
    2012 Passat TDI SEL
    They replaced the entire pump and I have had no problems since I now have 14k on it.. :nana2:
  11. rico567

rico567 Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
    Emissions can be done well or badly (and parts do fail from time to time. Well or badly, emissions are here to stay, and we'd all better get used to (more) emission controls.
  12. lwt42

lwt42 Well-Known Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SEL
    If every part of every single manufactured item was perfect, we wouldn't need warranties.

If the same part fails repeatedly, that's a different story.

... and if the Manufacturer corrects a design defect, but keeps the fix secret, that's a different story.
  13. maryj505

maryj505 New Member

Car:
    touareg diesel 2011
    I bought my Toureg diesel sport in 2011, first AdBlue pump failure 7 months later at approx 28,000 miles, and now again 12 months later at 69,000miles. Got the same thing both times - its a computer update that will fix it, it will work. Both times update didn't help. First pump replacement under warranty, but obviously now I'm out of warranty. Just go the quote for parts and service to replace what VW is saying needs replacement - $2000! I've heard from a number of dealers that "this is happening" that they are seeing this a bunch, but now the service guy isn't saying much. Will have to wait to see if VW thinks this is a problem. Certainly don't anticipate that AdBlue pumps would be a replaceable part every 30K or so miles.
  14. BPofMD

BPofMD Member

Car:
    2012 Passat SE TDI
    Isn't that covered by 100,000 mile EPA warranty?
  15. LokiWolf

LokiWolf Member

Car:
    2013 Passat TDI SEL
    Mods:
    Malone Stage 2, AFE Intake, AFE Exhaust...
    Should be.