ABS Code will not hold in module

Discussion in 'Audi TDI forums' started by Dakes55, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Dakes55

Dakes55 New Member

Car:
    Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI Avant AWX Engine
    I am having issues trying to Recode the ABS module on my car, AUDI A4 B6 1.9 TDI Avant 2002, I have done everything as stated in the ross tech video, log in, recode and it shows up ok, but if I turn off the ignition then turn it back on again the coding is lost and back to 00000 again, I have tried doing this about 10 times now and its not working, all brake warning lights on and message saying ABS not coded correctly, I am using a registered copy of VCDS Lite, any ideas whats going on here, it was all working ok before the ABS was unplugged

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    My best guess is that the ABS module is having an electronics fault. I've never heard of this before.

3. Keithuk

Keithuk Super Moderator

Car:
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB
    What error codes are you getting?

If you have a registered copy of VCDS Lite then join Ross-Tech forum and post a question with a full AutoScan?

4. Arrkon

Arrkon New Member

Car:
    2005 Audi A6 Allroad, 2.5tdi BAU.
    Mods:
    In progress, generic map.
    The loss of coding is normal on a Bosch 5.3 ABS/EDS/ASR/ESP -or- Bosch 5.7 (ESP also) vehicle when the slip ring / G85 sensor is disconnected. In this case you need to:

1) Build the Login specific to the equipment installed in the car and enter it.
    2) Build the Coding and enter it
    3) Run the G85 calibration / Basic Settings

All three of those steps must be done on the same ignition cycle and diagnostic session with VCDS as explained here:

Audi A4 (8E) Brake Electronics (Bosch 5.7) - Ross-Tech Wiki

If you know the old coding (based on a previous scan) work that chart backwards to determine the login without digging through the trunk for the PR# tag.