A3 Sportsback 2.0 Tdi fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Mk5 VW Jetta, Sportwagen, and Audi A3 TDI forum' started by gunnag, Nov 25, 2010.

1. gunnag

gunnag New Member

Car:
    A3 Sportsback 2.0 Tdi
    Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2007 A3 Sportsback 2.0 Tdi with a dsg box with 80k on the clock.

The car is great but IM slightly disappointed with the fuel consumption as I cant get over 42 mpg despite gentle driving on the highway. The manual states consumption in UK gallons as 38/48/58 depending on cycle.

On hard acceleration I have noticed some smoke and I have checked the obvious things like tyre pressure & replaced the air filter.

I have the free version of vcds and a suitable cable to read the diagnostics. When I look at the engine measuring blocks (cant remember which block it is), I can see a list showing the injector quanity for each injector. The values seem to be in the range of -0.5 to 0.9 which I believe means overfuelling?

I was wondering if the free version of vcds would allow me to change the injector quantity and if so how to do it?

All info welcome
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    I don't know what kind of engine you have but I'm guessing the 2.0L is a pumpe duse. The injection quanity for each injector is to more to see balance and less more or less fueling. You can't adjust injection quantity on pumpe duse engines, even with the full VCDS. You would have to go into the chip tune for that.