1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

74 MPG: The new Golf BlueMotion

Discussion in 'VW Mk6 Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Sportwagen TDI forum' started by clarkent5477, Mar 2, 2012.

1. clarkent5477

clarkent5477 New Member

Car:
    2001 VW GTI, 2012 VW TDI SE SunNav
    login to remove this ad
  2. Donkeyshins

Donkeyshins New Member

Car:
    n/a
    Keep in mind that as a UK publication, they'll be referring to Imperial gallons, so actual mileage will be closer to 60MPG. But that's still better than 43MPG.
  3. ToeBall

ToeBall New Member

Car:
    2010 VW JSW
    Mods:
    APR Intake, PDE Downpipe, Banks Exhaust, Malone St
    I turbo backed my dad's Mk6 Golf with a Malone stage 1 tune. On a round trip Houston to Toronto he averaged 62 mpg, and that was spending time in the 80 mph range. You don't need Bluemotion.

[​IMG]
    _MG_0897 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
  4. Feyd

Feyd New Member

Car:
    2011 Golf TDI
    Is that a custom exhaust, or something you bought off the shelf for the golf?

I thought Malone did a DPF delete only for stage 2?

I might want to go this route after the warranty is up... I just read for the first time that Diesels are exempt from emissions inspections in illinois. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  5. clarkent5477

clarkent5477 New Member

Car:
    Good point. Forgot about imperial gallons. Still think that's great, though. And no batteries!
  6. clarkent5477

clarkent5477 New Member

Car:
    This is epic... if I could get away with it in CA, I would. #thatisall
  7. ToeBall

ToeBall New Member

Car:
    2010 VW JSW
    Mods:
    APR Intake, PDE Downpipe, Banks Exhaust, Malone St
    It's a PDE downpipe, a Borla cat-back, and a Magnaflow muffler. To make it all fit, you have to add a 6" piece of 2.5" pipe as well, and a few band clamps. Malone will do DPF delete with or without any tune at all.