1. Welcome to myturbodiesel.com, if this is your first visit, please read 1000 answered questions - TDI FAQ, DIY, and Wiki by clicking the link here or in the navigation bar above. Click the "Sign up Now" button to the right to create an account, registration is fast and free.
  2. After you create a free account, every subforum has reply boxes. Here is a thread showing how to create an account or post a new question, shown with pictures

3rd jetta TDI

Discussion in 'New TDI forum member introductions' started by eltherod, Mar 10, 2011.

1. eltherod

eltherod New Member

Car:
    Mods:
    Kermatdi tune
    I am on my third Jetta TDI and the fuel mileage is awesome!!! My second Jetta (a 2000 model) had the best of them all... 55 avg and had 62.5 on one tank! Still trying to get my new 2001 Jetta (new to me) to exceed 50mpg...I think i will get there though. gonna get some new injectors shortly and that should push me over the top...Thanks for providing such a great resource for diesel cars.
    login to remove this ad
  2. chittychittybangbang

chittychittybangbang Administrator

Car:
    2006 Jetta TDI
    Is it an auto or manual? Manual will definitely have an easier time getting to 50 mpg. Sometimes one car just gets better mpg than others.
  3. dezel

dezel Member

Car:
    02 jetta tdi leather gls
    Mods:
    Kerma chip & Bosio 520 nozzles
    Thats some crazy mpg. Since I did my tune my mileage dropped probably because i'm using the extra hp. I'm curious what injectors are you going to get? They aint cheap! Black smoke dont mean its broke.